Friday 4 March 2011

Part 7 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

We all made the decision that we would need to take a tripod when filming with the video camera because even though we wanted point of view shots we still wanted steady straight shots of her running past. All of us got to do some filming which I think is good as we were all putting a lot of effort into it, for example, Emily was trying to film herself falling over which took a lot of takes. Sonal and me both took pictures of Emily as they were needed for the wall. I mainly did the editing on Final Cut Pro because we all felt that I was more confident at doing it, but Emily and Sonal both contributed. Emily edited all the photos and put all the date and times on them and Sonal found the new font on Final Cut Pro and slowed down all the clips that we all agreed on. The only technology used throughout each stage was a Video Camera, a Digital Camera (for the wall images), iMovie (Final Cut Pro didn’t work at first and so we had to rough edit it on this), Final Cut Pro, the Recording Studio (for ‘Creep’), and Logic Pro (we had to ‘bounce’ the files for ‘Creep’ before we could put it into Final Cut Pro. Final Cut Pro was a successful new use of technology in our production process because once I had been shown something I could remember how to do it, but I did have to ask to be shown a lot of things. The less successful new use of technology was Logic Pro because we had no idea how to use it, as we had never even seen it before so we had to get a lot of help for that. I have learnt how to use Final Cut Pro quite well so I’m quite proud of myself because if you’ve never seen it before it looks quite intimidating but it’s so much better than iMovie so I like it a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment