Friday 4 March 2011

Part 6 - How did you attract/ address your audience?

I think we did manage to reach our target audience because it attracted all female vampire film lovers. However, we didn’t even think that it would appeal to the majority of the males because they didn’t really like the concept in the beginning, but from the title sequence the majority actually wanted to carry on watching it. “Also how you put the camera sideways on the floor when she was being attacked in the woods. It was a good effect to make you feel she has actually fallen down,” this quote from our audience feedback appealed to our title sequence because we wanted the audience to feel exactly what this terrified girl running from her murderer was feeling so that they would be trapped in the atmosphere of the film. “The title sequence was very good, the music was dark and it drew you in. It made me want to see what happened to the girl,” this made me happy because it made me feel like the music really was a success after the mishap of getting ‘Creep’ recorded, a lot of other feedback supports this.

The least successful bit was the opening scene that we added to the end after the title sequence, “I didn't really get the bit where Charlotte is sitting on the bed and looking at the pictures,” it would seem that not many people really understood why we included the opening scene and I each time I see it I think I agree with them. I think our work could be improved by removing the opening scene because of how confusing just that tiny bit of film is or creating a longer and easier to understand opening scene, which we wouldn’t be able to do as we were only supposed to have a title sequence of up to 2 minutes. Also, I think the photos at the beginning could do with a bit more tweaking but I wouldn’t be sure what to do with them I just feel like they don’t look right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment